Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September

In real life, I was driving down the interstate in my minivan on a cool morning, baby Linus babbling in his carseat. I was planning to knock out some errands while the other boys were doing "Auntie M School." I had a run to Wal-Mart and some groceries to buy at Trader Joe's. It should have been one of those boring but necessary sorts of mornings.

But I put "Blue Sky" on the stereo, and in my heart, I was a 17-year-old, long-haired girl, dancing barefoot in my bellbottom jeans at an Allman Brothers concert. Some songs just do that to you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I hear that song it takes be back to the first time I heard it. Suddenly, I am a 20 year old headed out to Waffle House (at midnight, in Columbia) with my future husband.

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean.

TwoSquareMeals said...

Hope you don't mind my link, Emily! Your post was so true.