Friday, October 17, 2008

"I sing the mighty power of God, that made the mountains rise..."

We went to the mountains last weekend to enjoy the Fall color and see my family. The boys had a fantastic time hiking to Linville Falls and searching for treasures of leaves and acorns along the way. Calvin and his daddy ran ahead of us several times and hid, jumping out to scare us with monster noises. Hobbes and I pretended that the tree roots were dinosaur bones and we were fossil hunting. And Nana was along to make everything perfect. On the way back to TN, she drove the boys in her car, and we returned on the Blue Ridge Parkway, enjoying these fantastic views of the back side of Grandfather Mountain and the Linn Cove Viaduct.

Since I am busy pricing items for a yard sale tomorrow, I leave you with this feast for the eyes. Enjoy! (Unfortunately, the color is a bit off, the reds were even more brilliant, but something happened when I saved the photos for the web...)


Linville Gorge (looking away from the falls)


Grandfather Mountain

the Blue Ridge from the viaduct


Linn Cove Viaduct and the Parkway

4 comments:

Nora said...

Great photos. Takes me back to my time living in Virginia..I am always most homesick for the east coast this time of year.

Tipper said...

Love the photos-especially the one of Grandfather mountain. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time-I'm glad.

Anonymous said...

I am well and truly homesick now. But beautiful photos!!

Katie W. said...

oh..i love the mountains. Jeff and I are headed up to the VA mts at the end of this week...here's hopin' those colors are still as brilliant!