Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sometimes I Just Have To Laugh

Hobbes at bedtime last night:

"I need someone to lay with me! I need someone to lay with me! Someone please come lay with me...lay with me..."

This kept getting more and more faint until he finally drifted off to sleep.

Hobbes at naptime today:

"Mommy, I don't want you to lay with me! If you lay with me I won't sleep! I'm not going to sleep! Mommy, I don't want you to lay with me! I'm not going to sleep! I'm not going to sleep...I'm not going to..."

This time he fell asleep with me beside him. Ignoring the grammar issues for a minute, don't you think this boy needs to learn to make up his mind?

1 comment:

evenshine said...

Not at all. I would LOVE it if my kids would sleep on me, near me, or even in the same room. Somehow my ingestion of large amounts of caffeine rubs off on them, and they won't sleep around me. Ahhh the love.