Sunday, March 15, 2009

Naming Day

Our third son received baptism today. The beauty of that moment, even the third time around, never ceases to amaze me. It seems appropriate that today, the day that he was baptized into the family of God, this little one finally gets his blog name. And so, without further ado...

...Baby Linus it is. I was really leaning toward Pascal, but Linus won out in the end since it fulfills the comic strip character as well as the real-life person of faith and/or letters. St.Linus was the second pope. (Thanks, Thomas, for reminding me of that. Glad you found my blog in time to help out.) The baby's real life name is that of a Pope, and Linus was my mother-in-law's nickname for my father-in-law! It seems meant to be.

Calvin, Hobbes, and Linus. Maybe one day we'll get a Susie or Lucy...

2 comments:

evenshine said...

Congrats on the baptism. Always a moving moment. And I love Linus. Didn't know he was a Pope (but then, you never can tell with those popes...)!

At A Hen's Pace said...

Awww, welcome into the kingdom...and the blogging world...Linus!

~Jeanne