Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Throwing Away the To-Do List

My new dear blogging friend over at Bliss in Bloom just resigned from NaBloPoMo for very good reasons. I am seriously considering it myself. I signed up because I thought it would be a good way for a newbie like me to get into the world of blogging. But I am not as talented or creative as so many writers out there. I just don't have something interested to write every day.

When I do have something I really want to write about, I need more than a day to finish it. I am finding that this every day commitment is keeping me from writing really well about things that I am really thinking about. It's is so much like my life, where the mundane tasks of laundry and cleaning and paying bills can keep me from really living or thinking. I am a list maker. I can't sit down to do big things unless I get all of the unimportant things on my to-do list checked off first. And I need to break free from that.

And so...I may or may not throw away this insane to-do list called NaBloPoMo. You might hear from me tomorrow. You might hear from me in a week. You might not even need to listen, but stay tuned if you want.

2 comments:

Nora said...

Go you! It is kind of a silly thing, and surprisingly difficult. No blogging police will be after you, don't worry :-)

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I hate to be told when to post. :)

Drop by from the Buzz.